Beaver Bridge Hire is committed to enforcing an effective health and safety policy. This commitment comes not simply from the necessity to fulfil legal and regulatory requirements (so far as is reasonably practicable) but from the desire to ensure that the highest reasonable standards in Health, Safety and Welfare for all our employees are achieved.
It is the policy of Beaver Bridge Hire to develop a culture in which every employee is involved in creating a continually improving safe working environment for themselves and others and we work on the principle that all accidents, injuries and occupational ill health are preventable. This policy is fully supported by the management team who will work to ensure that:
- Incidents of personal injury and occupational illness are minimised.
- All tasks are reviewed to identify hazards, assess risks and implement effective control measures and that a safe system of work is always used.
- All relevant legislation, including Railway Industry Standards and other mandatory requirements are fully complied with.
- Staff refusing to work on the grounds of health & safety are supported.
- Adequate, competent supervision is provided to enable all employees and subcontractors to comply with their responsibilities.
- Sufficient training and mentoring is provided to ensure the competence of all staff.
- Sufficient resources are made available to ensure health; safety and welfare provision are adequately delivered.
- Communication & consultation takes place with all employees regarding health, safety & welfare issues and that safe working practices are actively promoted.
- The provision & maintenance of safe premises, tools, plant and equipment takes place.
- All employees are issued with Personal Protective Equipment necessary for the duties they are carrying out.
- There is provision for safe methods of handling, transport and storage of items, materials and substances as required by relevant regulations.
- This policy is communicated to all employees and is reviewed regularly for effectiveness.
- This policy will be subject to continual review based on the procedures and processes put in place to meet its requirements, the aim being to continually improve the company’s performance in the field of health and safety.
- To further support the above a formal reviewed will be undertaken annually as part of the Management review process, to ensure the policies continued relevance and adequacy.
Review date: August 2024